Have you been unable to refinance because you owe more on your home than it’s worth? Mid America Mortgage, Inc. offers HARP refinancing assistance to borrowers whose mortgages are owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, who have not had any late mortgage payments in the past 12 months, and whose loan-to-value is greater than 80% (other terms and conditions may apply). The Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a product made available through the Department of the Treasury & Housing and Urban Development.
Contact Us to Learn if a HARP Refinance is Right for You
- Search our branch directory or call 866-544-7013.
- Pre-Qualify Now.
- Use the Rate Quote Form on this page to request additional information.
Learn About the HARP Refinance Program & Eligibility
The HARP program was designed to help borrowers, unable to refinance due to their lack of equity, take advantage of today’s low interest rate environment. There are currently no underwater limits meaning borrowers may qualify even if they are severely upside down in their mortgages. HARP refinancing can often happen very quickly as appraisals may not be required and underwriting guidelines are simplified. There is no minimum credit score with HARP.
- A borrower’s current mortgage must be owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac
- Loans must have been sold to Fannie or Freddie on or prior to 5/31/2009.
- The current loan-to-value (LTV) must be above 80%. There is not LTV cap.
- You can only do a HARP refinance one time.
- Borrowers cannot have any late payments over the past 12 months.
- Primary residences, second homes, and investment properties may be eligible.
*Please note that underwriting criteria is subject to change and other terms and conditions may apply. Contact a Mid America Mortgage, Inc. representative today to learn more about our HARP refinancing solutions.